This Labor Day Weekend in Historic Roxbuy includes Outdoor Concerts, Vintage Baseball with the Roxbury Nine (in 19th century gear) Recreational Activities, Fine Dining, Unique Shopping and of course our famous Fireworks!!!!!!
Roxbury LABOR DAY CELEBRATIONS
Celebrate Labor Day in Roxbury!
Roxbury Revelry Sunday September 1
* Vintage Baseball Game at noon in Kirkside Park
* 5PM Community Potluck
* 6PM Ellis Dyson & the Shambles expertly blends old-time influences ranging from early New Orleans jazz to Piedmont murder ballads. The result: whiskey-soaked, foot-stompin’ original songs that bring party music of departed eras to crowds both young and old. The Shambles have made waves with their theatrical live shows and dazzling musicianship. The original compositions evoke a bygone era while contributing to the vast tradition of storytelling through songwriting. The writing and arranging is deliberately done as a full group, and they are currently at work on their third full length record.
* Dusk, FIREWORKS!
Activities and Events entire weekend:
*NYC Comedy night at Shephard Hills Golf Course at 8PM, 562 Shephard Hill road, Roxbury
* Scenic chairlift rides, mountain biking, hiking and outdoor concert with bbq at Plattekill Mountain - Saturday Aug 31, Sunday September 1
* Bike rentals, unique shopping at The Roxbury General. - Saturday Aug 31 and Sunday September 1
* Play golf at Shephard Hils, 18 holes
* Wine Tasting at Roxbury Wine and Spirits - Saturday Aug 1 11am -featuring Mike Rozman from Winebow. End of Summer whites, rosé and Fall reds will be poured.
* Listen to the vintage Vitrolla's at Round Back Antiques - Saturday Aug 31 and Sunday September 1
* Tour the area with Table to Farm Tours - Saturday Aug 31 and Sunday September 1